Ways to tell if someone on TV or a movie is only pretending to use the computer:
- They never use the mouse. Every single action seems to be done via the keyboard.
- Their hands barely move as they type, but their fingers go sixty to the dozen. Real typing is a system of firm key striking, a deliberate hit each time, not just a light twinkle of tapping.
- They never use the space bar or Shift key. They're clearly just typing gibberish with no punctuation or spaces.
- They never look at their fingers as they type. Even professional touch typists look down occasionally.
- They never make typos. All the touch typists I know make tons of errors.
- Backspace and delete keys? Keypad? Function keys? Never touched.
- The number of key hits they make never match the number of sound effects or the number of letters shown on the monitor.